As the local New Mexico Brewers Guild says, this area is the “The Frontier of Beer,” and the City Different is on the pulse of the newest brewing trends and flavor combinations. Thankfully, the majority of the best breweries in Santa Fe are right in the heart of the city, so you’re never far from a refreshing, locally brewed pint. You’ll find IPAs made with locally grown hops, bright light, easy drinkers, and rich, malty stouts and porters all over town.
One of the best breweries in Santa Fe, and one that’s garnered a lot of attention over its 3o-year run with some prestigious beer awards, is Santa Fe Brewing Company. They are the biggest producer of craft beer in New Mexico, growing four varieties of hops on the banks of the Rio Grande. They have six locations across the state—three of which are in Santa Fe (one is an event space for weddings, concerts, or chili cook-offs).
Before you start planning your beer tasting itinerary, you’ll want to get your lodging on the books, and our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is the ideal location for exploring the best breweries in Santa Fe. Nestled just blocks from the Santa Fe Plaza, you can set out on foot (or some just a quick drive) and taste the array of flavors our local brewers impart in their creations. Start planning your next getaway to Santa Fe and reserve your room today!
The Best Breweries in Santa Fe for a Local Brew
While, of course, the focus is the beer at these local spots, however, most of the best breweries in Santa Fe also have some delicious food options as well. These are great places to plan for a leisurely lunch or an early supper out on the town.
Here are our top seven Santa Fe breweries for a lovely pint in the sun:
- Santa Fe Brewing: Known as the oldest brewery in Santa Fe, you’ll have two locations to explore to try the catalog of beers from these longtime brewers. The downtown location, known as the Breakroom, is just a quick walk from our Inn for 17 taps with beer, cider, and wine and a rotating calendar of food trucks serving yummy selections. The second location, The Beer Hall at HQ, is about a 15-minute drive from our Inn and a must-visit for avid beer lovers.
- Chile Line Brewery: The brewers at this local spot use a German method called “rauchbier,” which creates a smokey, malty flavor profile. You also won’t want to miss the ales brewed with red and green chiles—something unique to Santa Fe, and you won’t find just anywhere. Also, an excellent spot for a hearty Italian meal!
- Second Street Brewery: Located at the Santa Fe Railroad, this is one of the best breweries in Santa Fe for lunch and a beer. You’ll find traditional pub grub mixed with local flavors, from fish and chips to Northern New Mexico style enchiladas and 12 local beers on draft.
- Desert Dogs Brewery and Cidery: Just a block away from the Santa Fe Plaza, you’ll find a long list of locally brewed beer, ciders, and cocktails on draft. Pair those with their creative tacos and lively karaoke nights; this is a must-try on your vacation to Santa Fe!
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales: It’s all about the bright farmhouse and sour beers at this local Santa Fe brewery. They also serve a thoughtful farm-to-table-style menu with comfort food and Southern favorites like chicken and waffles and shrimp and grits—all with local New Mexico ingredients in the spotlight.
- Tumbleroot Brewery and Distillery: The Agua Fria Taproom is about ten minutes from downtown. Even though it’s still thought of as one of the newcomers to the beer scene, this is one of the best breweries in Santa Fe for a fun night out! You’ll find live music, tasty brews, and locally distilled cocktails all served on their expansive outdoor patio or intimate indoor space.
Head Back to Relax at our Santa Fe Bed and Breakfast
After a tour of the best breweries in Santa Fe, our New Mexico Bed and Breakfast is a welcoming sight, where modern luxury meets Southwestern charm. You’ll find six unique guest rooms with high-end amenities and hand-crafted furniture tailored to comfort and relaxation. Each morning, we’ll treat you to a beautiful breakfast with a menu of authentic recipes that change daily and are always paired with fresh fruit, beverages, and hospitable service.