This is an extremely easy dish to make, and it is good for a brunch entrée. While it is not a souffle in the true culinary sense of the word, it is light and airy. Serve with Salsa verde or a red chile sauce. This recipe can be easily scaled to make fewer servings.
INGREDIENTS (serves 10-12):
- Mix ½ C flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder and set aside. Don’t combine this mixture with the other ingredients until right before you are ready to bake. This dish can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4 oz butter (1 stick) – melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (You can use Monterey Jack or a cheese mix if desired).
- 13 oz. mild chopped green chili, if frozen, thaw out (We like the “Bueno” brand). You will find this in the frozen food section of your grocery store. If you like more heat, you can use medium or hot green chili. Canned green chile will also work, drain and chop as appropriate.
- 16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
- 11 oz. canned or frozen corn, Mexicorn or nibblet, drained
- 1 medium chopped red onion
Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in a glass or ceramic greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 min. or until the top is browned (ovens vary).